Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The waiting game...

As you may know, I have been interviewing for a job in Bend, OR. The first round of interviews went well. The second round of interviews went just as good. I figured I was done and now I was just waiting to hear what's going to happen.

Not so fast...

Got a message first thing this morning that they wanted to talk to my references. Ummm... OK, but couldn't we have asked for those sometime last week? You know, like when I was there? Perhaps I'm being too critical. But wow, do I feel like I'm doing the mexican hat dance in fast-forward... never have so many hoops been jumped through for a job.

I think my friends are sick and tired of hearing about it from me. Now instead of feedback I get uncomfortable silences (sorry guys... I'm going to try to be better about this). So, no more calling of the friends to bitch about this job process... it is what it is. And in this economy they can have it be whatever they want it to be.

So, new plan of attack. While I'm waiting, I'm going to head out of town to spend some time with a good friend riding and just kicking back in general (and I'll try my best not to be an annoying pest).

I'll hear something, or I won't. But either way I'm going to have a good time. You can count on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment