Friday, December 17, 2010

Is ignorance bliss?

The age-old question. Would you rather know and then be able to assess and deal? Or not know and just merrily march on with your life in bliss?

I'm actually torn on this issue...

On one hand I would love to know everything. Every thought that goes through his head. Any misgivings. Any surprises. Any crazy...

On the other hand, I know what types of ridiculous, crazy thoughts roll through my head and there is no reason to give voice to all that goes on in there... ya know?

So, I guess I am somewhat agreeing with Dizzy on this issue... her opinion: Unless it affects her life directly she wants to take the army approach to policy. Don't ask... don't tell.

But one of the things I'm really enjoying with Railroad is the very open lines of communication. I'm hoping that is always the case.

So, in that light, I'm thinking it's on a case-by-case basis...

1 comment:

  1. I want to know if I'm doing something wrong or about things that involve people I love. I do wish I didn't know about the level of cruelty people are capable of and have tried to take on a 'lalala can't hear you don'twannaknow' attitude about any horses that aren't directly in my care at work. I dunno... I guess it depends on the situation and how much it involves me.

    ReplyDelete