Thursday, December 2, 2010

No, I don't want to see it...

I'm always fascinated by the fundamental differences between men and women. Men are very visual and physical creatures... maybe beasts is a better word? Women live much more in the emotional realm of things. And I think the old saying is probably somewhat true: Men use love to get sex. Women use sex to get love.

Which brings me to the experiment a friend of mine conducted the other day. She went to the Portland, OR craigslist and went to the casual encounters section. She looked at 100 m4w (men looking for women) ads and 100 w4m (women looking for men) ads.

62% of the male ads had penis pics. 62%!! Yeah, still trying to wrap my brain around that. And also trying to find the brain bleach for her. She's gonna need it...

0% of the female ads had vajaja pics. None. Zero. Zip. However, in the spirit of being fair, 33% of the ads did have boob pics...

I realize that you men are visual creatures and we can appreciate the instant drool that crops up at the sight of stunning cleavage. However, you guys need to realize that, for the most part, our female brains don't work the same way. We don't want to see it. Seriously. There is a reason why romance novels use terms like "throbbing member" and "flaming loins". We like the general concept and what it can do for us but we seriously don't need to be reminded in stark (and sometimes frightening) detail.

A picture is worth a 1,000 words... and on this subject that is 999 words too many.

So, men, here is my advice to you. Stick to love notes and skip the pics. You'll have much more success... I promise.

6 comments:

  1. For a second there I was wondering what "flaming lions" might be... (maybe I'm not as experienced as I thought... )
    RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a moment I thought I spelled it wrong LOL Whew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "throbbing member" and "flaming loins", typical women who like to have men feel tortured! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's a little torture between friends?
    RR

    ReplyDelete