Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's just a little breeze...

I took the pups down to the beach today to run around for a bit. I put on my fuzzy boots, my winter coat, my gloves and my hat and headed out into the... well, sun. Needless to say, once I got to the coast I had to shed a few layers. Down there it was warm and sunny with no wind. I gathered up the pups and quickly rushed up to ride my horse.

Or is he a cow? He's huge... that's for sure.
I was hoping it was mostly fluff. It's not...

Anyway, got him saddled and hopped on and off we went... into gale force winds. It typically is warmer and less windy up the hill... not so today. It was cold. And really windy. But I decided to ride to the top of the hill anyway. I'm glad I did...

It was an amazing view at the top...

Hey mom... less view and more ride, please. Kthnx...

I think I see something moving over there... Is it my ball?

 I hear something too...

 What is that huge, dark blob in the grass?
Let's get outta here, mom... it's gonna get us.

Even though we only rode to the top of the hill and back down again (the rest of the trail was a muddy, slippery mess) it sure was nice to be back on a horse again. Just where I belong...

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning view. Sounds like a fantastic ride. I'm hoping to go out for one of my own this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get out for a ride too!! The best way to spend an afternoon, IMO :)

    ReplyDelete