Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh yes, I did...

I told you yesterday about the sad little gelding I saw for free. Last night I went to go check on him and let the owner know I'd be picking him up today. The owner was so proud of himself. He had put him in a stall, cleaned him up and trimmed his feet... so short that he is now dead lame on all 4 feet.

*sigh*

Poor guy. He could barely move to get over to his hay (what little there was). I'm hoping to pick him up today, but if he can barely walk getting him into the trailer might be problematic. If I can get him, I'll be putting him out in the pasture with Flash. He needs some nice, squishy grass to walk around on for a while. Storm, in the meantime, will go out to Mags place. That way I have a riding horse there if I want to run over and join her for a ride in the evening or on the weekend. This new critter (not sure what I want to call him) I think will break out pretty easily once he's fed up and has a few pounds on his frame...

I mean, look at how skinny this poor guy is...

 He makes Flash look fat...


But what a sweet face...

He just wants someone to take care of him...

Here are the other 2 horses I was talking about. There is a solid gray mare and a slightly flea-bitten gray. They are sweet horses as well.







  
Anyone want another project? Hutch, I'm talking to you...

3 comments:

  1. Aw, poor guy. So lucky you're taking him. He has such a kind eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think he's actually going to be really cute once you fatten him up. He may not win awards for his confirmation, but put some meat on those bones and I think you are going to have one really, really cute horse. And yeah... that's a seriously cute face.

    Although.... TB/Arab/Saddlebred? Not to sound mean, but.... could he be bred any hotter? Here's hoping he's nice and mellow for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, he's been a pretty good boy. He likes to come up to the gate for some love... :) My kind of horse.

    ReplyDelete