Monday, September 27, 2010

Crazy, part deux...

OK... I promise I will blog about the move from hell, but I had to share this first. Plus, the blog on the move is going to be like a five-parter. It was that bad...

Anywho, remember when I was telling you about the crazy phone call I got a few Sundays ago? If not, I shall remind you...

On Sunday morning I got the strangest phone call I have ever received. I got a friend request about a month ago from a guy (whom we'll call Desperate) that I went to HS with. He was a year behind me and although I vaguely remember him, I had no specific memories about him one way or the other. A few weeks ago, Desperate sent me a message over facebook saying that he wanted to get to know me better and could he have my number. I said, whatever and sent it along. Yesterday morning at 8:30am he called me.

He basically stated that he thought I was a beautiful woman and that he wanted to get to know me better and get into a relationship. And yeah, he said it pretty much like that. That blunt. 

I informed him that he was Arizona and that I was in Oregon and that I had no intention of doing the long distance dating thing. At least, not at that distance. The same state is a minimum requirement... or I'll consider closer parts of Washington. Arizona does not meet that criteria. 

He then asked me if I would be willing to move to Arizona. Um, no. I don't know you. You sure as hell don't know me. And when I explained this to him, he seemed not only confused but seriously put off by the fact that I wasn't just greeting his offer with wide-open arms. 

I told him that we could be friends and cultivate that and see if it ever went anywhere (which it wouldn't) but he then informed me that he wasn't really interested in that. He wanted to find someone to be in a relationship with and give his heart to.

At this point, I was seriously disturbed by the whole conversation. It almost seemed like he had a list of names and numbers and was just going down the list until someone said yes. It was so weird. At that point I hung up... then I went on fb and defriended him. I don't need people like that in my life.
 
So today I got a message from another friend telling me to go look at his page (since I am no longer his fb friend). When I saw his wall there it was: his relationship status was now "engaged". Apparently she lives in Florida and "can't wait to move to AZ to be with my baby". We have now started a betting pool to see how long it will last. $5 gets you in. Winner take all... I'm personally betting on 3 months, tops.
 
The whole thing seriously creeps me out. I guess he found his yes.
My feeling? One more wacko out of the dating pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment