Friday, September 3, 2010

The sky is falling...

Today while I was out feeding Flash (and innocently minding my own business) I was hit in the head (rather rudely) by this:

The offending pinecone... or whatever the hell that is...

That sucker hit me in the noggin, hard!! And it hurt, too. Plus, it wasn't alone in the assault upon my person. I had to duck and run for cover in the barn where it sounded like the tree was hurling rocks down on the roof. Flash had the same opinion I did... no way in hell I'm going out there in that.

So he stayed inside and licked the bowl... 

Nom, nom, nom... slurp...

Hey mom... do I have a little something on my lips?

No, son. Not at all... Ok, well, maybe just a little rice bran. But no one will notice... I promise.

So, I've bumped Flash up to another mash feeding a day. So far I can't see that it's made a damn bit of difference... 

Week 1
Week 7

Week 1
Week 7

He looks like the headless horse there. Need to work on my photographic skills I guess... 

Yeah, mom. You do... this picture is all wrong. I'm not even looking at the camera.

Yeah... that's much better.

Wait... What's that over there? Is it my ball?

While over here Daisy is trying to make use of the wind...

Preparing for liftoff...

Dang it. Good ear extension but I don't think there's enough wind...

Maybe if I try this angle instead?

Unfortunately, Daisy did not achieve any airs above the ground even after much ear-flapping and mighty efforts were made. It was a gorgeous day, though... and we enjoyed it immensely.

Love that sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment