Sunday, September 12, 2010

Zen... and stupid men...

As you know, I was supposed to be in Eastern Oregon helping out Farmer this weekend. However, on Friday morning he aborted the mission because in was in hand-to-hand combat with a stomach bug. At that time, the stomach bug was up 5 rounds... but Farmer was starting to make a come-back. Either way, I wanted nothing to do with that. I have enough trouble staying well without exposing myself unnecessarily. So, that plan was out.

Instead, Cricket and I decided to go for a ride... it was a beautiful day. We decided to ride up into the coast range again. But this time when we got to the top of the street where we normally have to ask for permission to ride through this particular property to access the roads, we found the house abandoned...

Gorgeous view from the back yard of the house at the top of the world...

No time to look mom... busy eating here...

As we were riding around the house checking it out, we came across this...

Random plumbing apparati...

Hey, look what I found...

Daisy was kind enough to locate the lid for any of you that are in need of such an item. It looked pretty much brand new... And it's not like the house was trashed inside. It was pretty much left in pristine condition except for this one random item.

But since neither Flash nor Bella were willing to haul a toilet around with us, we decided to abandon our find and continue on the ride... so out onto the logging roads we headed.

What's that noise?
 
Seriously... I hear a monster in the bushes...

Listen... over there. Shhhhhhhhh....

He's crazy. There's nothing over there...

Whatever, dog. I know I heard something...

Daisy and Noelle, however, were non-believers of the existence of the "evil, horse-eating, bush monster". I'm pretty sure it was just the wind. And even though Flash was on high-alert for the rest of the ride, it was a very good ride. Very zen-like... 

That night (Friday night) the wind was not blowing at all, so after feeding ol' Hollow-leg (Flash) we decided to head out onto the beach and check it out. 

I wish I had been able to get pictures because it was amazing out there... but it was too dark. The stars were shining very brightly and we are experiencing severe negative tides right now so you had to walk out about 400 yards to even get to where the water was gently rolling in. Normally you only have to go about 50 feet. Not only that but the waves were breaking another 100 yards out from that and so the water would roll in so gently... it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. 

Rocks that are normally covered were exposed and available for exploration. The pups and I spent about an hour on the beach just checking it all out.

Yesterday it was another amazing day, so after feeding Flash (seems like that is a never-ending task) the pups and I decided to hit the beach...

Warm sand and blue sky. Awesome...

The pups and I decided to lay in the sand and soak up some vitamin D...

Oh yeah. This is the life...

Yeah, it's not bad. Look... I'm an angel. I have a halo...

Oh yeah... the sun feels so good...

Mom? Where's my ball?

I had to explain to Noelle several times that we were there to lay in the sun, not play fetch. She wasn't nearly as impressed with our outing once she figured out that the ball was not going to magically appear...

But it was still awesome.

Later that day, Bff came to town and we went to a benefit concert called Idiosyncratic. It was a benefit for someone (who's name I didn't get) who is in need of a liver transplant. So, basically for $7 bucks and a side-dish you got all the food and beer/wine/pop you could drink.

They also had some booths and live music... oh, and a pony ride. However, the pony did not look happy to be there... but everyone else was having a good time.


So Bff and I hung up on the grassy knoll and tried to find anything datable. We failed. Let's just say teeth are not a high priority in the crowd or in this town  *sigh*

That doesn't bode well, because I haven't been having much luck in the date department. I had another date Thursday night with the Fireman. We had been texting and talking on the phone for a few months and then finally managed to do a date. Let's just say that he was much better looking in his pictures. He wasn't completely tragic, but he didn't set my socks on fire either. And I guess he wasn't feeling it either, because after talking daily for a few months I haven't heard from him since... *sigh*

Not like I'm super disappointed, but I was willing to see if anything would develop. However, I think for men if it doesn't do it for them right out of the gate they really aren't interested in cultivating a friendship either. Oh well... 

Moving on... 

So last night, I took Bff to see the negative tide. She was pretty wowed by it as well, but then after we were back at the house let me know that it was a bit unnerving to be standing on a part of the ocean floor that is normally covered with many feet of water. Yeah, that didn't bother me at well. 

All in all, it's been an awesome weekend thus far... looking forward to another beautiful day.

ZzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzzzZzzzzzzzz

Some of us, however, are still sleeping in...

No comments:

Post a Comment