Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ready or not, here I come...

I've been running around this morning looking like this:


Except I have less feathers... and I'm not bald. Yet.
And those look less like my legs and more like Farmer's, but whatever... you get the idea.

For the most part I have gotten my list of crap done. So let's review:

1. Get an oil change on the truck. It needs it... bad.
wasn't as expensive as I thought it might be... however the rear transfer case really needs new fluid but it's just going to have to wait until I get back and a few paydays have come and gone

2. Clean out the truck. This is a full day job on it's own. My truck is filthy and filled with horse stuff. 
the truck is still filthy, but I did at least wipe the worst of the dust off and try to get the dog hair under control. there is nothing I can do about the sweaty-horse-smell. it is what it is...

3. Stow the tailgate somewhere it won't be stolen... possibly here at work.
done. no one would ever suspect that there is anything worth stealing in the falling down shed

4. Clean out the bed of the truck. It's gross.

5. Pack. Me, the dogs (to go stay with Coal) and the truck.
I wish Coal and his kids the best of luck with the dogs. my hope is that they are all still alive and breathing when I get back... I would hate to have to replace his kids

6. Change out the belts on the truck... hopefully with Farmer's help.
well, the belts are bought. I'm hoping the changing of them comes when I get to Farmer's...

7. Remove everything out of the old dresser and trash it and prep for my dresser to arrive.
shockingly enough, CPSL wants to keep the POS dresser. I moved it outside so he has easy access to it

8. Clean my house. There is nothing worse than coming home to a dirty house when you've been gone for several days. This includes vacuuming and doing the dishes.
dishes didn't happen... oh well

9. Locate my camper tie-downs. Without a tailgate those will come in handy.

10. Gas up.
that took a small loan, but it's only one of many fill-ups to come... *gasp*

11. Get magnetic lights for the trailer since the trailer lights are hit or miss when it comes to them actually working.
I'll be picking these up on my way through salem. hopefully I don't get pulled over between here and there...

So, all in all, not too bad. I had to get up at the crack of obnoxious to make it happen... but I'm feeling like I can hit the road with relative confidence. 

Until I get pulled over that is... 

No comments:

Post a Comment