Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (drooling on the keyboard)...

The 3-day labor day weekend was supposed to be my chance to rest up and get ready for the hellacious week ahead...

Good idea. Poor execution on my part...

Meh... it happens. But I had fun... for the most part. So the weekend went something like this:

Friday night:
Had a date with a guy named Douchenozzle. Well, actually I didn't know that was his name until after I met up with him, but whatever...

We had texted back and forth earlier in the week and had decided to meet up on Friday night on my way through McMinnville to my parent's house. The plan was to meet up at the rooftop bar at Hotel Oregon at 6:30pm. So, at about 6:10pm he called me to see where I was. I explained that I was about 20 miles out and should be there on time no problem. He then paused (for what seemed like a long time) and I asked him if that was still the plan. He then informs me that he just put a frozen lasagna in the oven...

What? So then I grab my phone and scroll back to the conversation about our plans to make sure I didn't read something wrong. Nope. It said exactly what I thought it said.

So then I ask him what that means exactly. And he's like well, what do you think about just coming over to my place for lasagna. I (politely, although I shouldn't have) informed him that that wasn't happening. Period. He then tells me he'll call me right back and hangs up.

At that point, I shouldn't have answered when he called back... but I did. Yes, I know. I'm an idiot. And when he calls back he's still hemming and hawing about the stupid lasagna (which shouldn't have been in the oven in the first place) and I tell him how about we meet up on Monday instead (of which I had no intention of doing)... but he says no, he doesn't want to be a flake. Um, sir? Too late. Mission accomplished.

So I ask him if we're still meeting at the Hotel Oregon and he says no that it'll be too crowded on a Friday night (not quite sure why he didn't think of that before then, but anywho) and gives me the address to another bar. So I arrive there and we sit down... surrounded by lottery machines. When the "waiter" comes to take our order, I get a drink (because at this point I really need one) and a grilled ham and cheese. Douchenozzle orders water. That's it. And then proceeds to launch into story after story about his fundamental christian group. Needless to say I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

On my way out of town I deleted his number from my phone...

Saturday:
Shadow and I had plans to meet up and do some shooting. He has cool guns. I wanted to shoot the cool guns. He was more than happy to let me (yay!!). So, he was planning on calling me around 9am because that would give us both time to get up and knock the cobwebs loose... However, when he called I was still in bed. I tried to sound like I wasn't, but I failed miserably. Not quite how the morning was supposed to start.

And it didn't improve much... I got out of the house late because I got a phone call just as I was leaving. When I was almost to Shadow's house I realized I didn't have my purse with me and therefore I couldn't buy ammo. So, I had to turn around and go back and retrieve that. All in all, I was about an hour later than I wanted to be getting to his house. I'm sure he was annoyed (I know I was annoyed by me at that point) but he hid it well... good man!!

Or at least he didn't try to shoot me upon arriving at the range... good man!!

My major accomplishment on the range was firing the AR at a 15" x 15" steel plate about 100 yards down range and actually hitting it consistently. I was very impressed with myself. However, closer in with the .38 was not so good... Shadow was laughing at me a few times.

We also had some very interesting conversations (but I'm going to save those for a different blog so I can get into detail).

Saturday ended well with sushi, a dip in the hot tub and chatting about some advertising design I'll be doing for Shadow...

Sunday:
I met up with an old college buddy to see her new house... and to meet her fleet of kitties. She's the Krazy Kat Lady. There are four. I managed to get pictures of two. Kinda. They were out in the yard having too good a time to be bothered with me and my camera...

Ruby: Um lady? I don't like you or your camera...

Finn: Busy lounging here. Move along...

* Not pictured: Esme and Nikko... they were far too busy being garden lions.

So KKL and I went out for breakfast and then chit-chatted well into the afternoon. It was good to sit around and here about all the new stuff going on with her. I just kept bitching about Flash and his hollow leg (kinda like Farmer's... I need to stick a butter IV on that boy).

After that I met up with Wheel for din-din (well, turned out to be coffee... decaf for me) and then went back to his place to see all the interesting stuff he was working on. 

And then I made the long trek back from Vancouver, had a dip in the hot tub, took some Benadryl to combat a spider bite and called it a night...

Monday:
I was supposed to meet ex-hub for breakfast at 10am. At 10:20am I was finally conscious. Whoops... Instead we did lunch and then tried to come up with a game plan for the move. Yes, that's right... I am finally going back to Idaho to round up everything that has been MII (missing in Idaho) for almost 2 years now. That is happening over the weekend of the 25th. Can't wait... I'm sure you can hear the dripping sarcasm from there. Again, this subject is probably a whole blog on it's own... to be visited later.

*deep breath*

That afternoon the parentals got home, so we did some din-din and then finally (after all my laundry was done... I had to do it, the laundry fairy did not show up) I headed for home... at around 8:30pm. 

No wonder I'm so tired today... I need a vacation from my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment