Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The facsinating uses for a kiddy pool...

I could totally tell that yesterday was a full moon... or damn close to it. It was just a weird day all the way around.

I went up to talk to the owner of that house I'm trying to rent. A few months ago when the owner had talked to Mower about the house he had mentioned he wanted $700 for rent. Then when Mower talked to him about it last month it was $800... and I was trying to work him back down to $700. Then tonight when I talked to the guy he was saying he wanted $1000. Um, yeah. That's not happening. I told him $700 was what I could do. Period. He told me he'd let me know in a few days.

So, it's not a no. But it wasn't a yes either... The wait continues.

Then, it was a gorgeous day (probably the best day of the year, so far) so Cricket and I decided to go for a ride. When I went to get Flash out of the pasture I noticed that he had completely buggered up the inside of his back leg.

So, instead of being able to ride I had to hose down his swollen leg instead. Only, the power had gone out and there wasn't water pressure to hose it down with. So there was this kiddy pool that was full of cold water and I decided to use it instead.

You want me to put my leg where? You're crazy, lady...

Eventually I convinced him to put his foot in the pool and then I used an old milk jug to pour water over the swelling for about an hour. Good times...



I still have no idea how the hell he did that to his leg. Suffice it to say that the ride did not happen... grrrrrrr. I swear, he is getting worse than Elmo in the ridiculous injury department. 

Hopefully by tomorrow the swelling will be down and I can actually get out for a ride. But by then the weather is supposed to be crappy again. Figures...

No comments:

Post a Comment