Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Huh, not quite sure what to do with those...

In all the hubbub that was going on this weekend I forgot to mention the surprise waiting on my doorstep when I arrived home on Friday night...

These are for me? Seriously?

Turns out they were from ex-hub. Yeah, I know. I had the same reaction. They were from who? No kidding?

The card basically said that he was sorry that we didn't make any money on the house and that even though he had the communication skills of a baboon he was trying.

Trying to do what, is the question... 

When I mentioned the arrival of said flowers to Flip-Flop and Bff they both had the same reaction... so would you ever take him back? Huh... good question. Wulfe's reaction was that he was trying to get me back, hands down. 

There were a lot of really bad things about my marriage, but we also had the friend portion down pretty well. But that didn't carry it then, and it wouldn't carry it now. Friendship (and that kind of companionship) is important, but so is intimacy. And I just don't think ex-hub has it in him. Period. He's just not the touchy-feely type of person. 

And I really am. I love to snuggle and cuddle and hold hands and kiss on and be intimate with my mate.

And I really want the best of both worlds... that's not asking too much, is it?

I mean, that is why I got a divorce, after all. I wanted to give myself the chance to find all that I was looking for. And although it does get lonely occasionally I am way happier now than I was in my marriage. There is nothing worse for a woman's self-esteem than not being wanted by her own spouse. 

I'm finally over that, and I really have no desire to go back to that place again... ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment