Friday, August 13, 2010

Why didn't I think of that before?

So, on our last episode of "How the Hay Turns" I went to pick up hay, unloaded it in the rain, fell out of the back of the trailer and bruised my back and head. It was not good. Oh, and it took me, like, a kazillion hours to unload and stack. *insert unhappy face here*

So when I called my hay guy this time I happened to mention how much I was not looking forward to repeating that process. He then proceeds to mention to me that they deliver and stack for the "staggering" price of $35 per ton. What? I can't even drive there and back in my truck for $35 (more like $50). Why on earth did he not mention this little tidbit before?

Needless to say, I took him up on it. Yeah, I may be a little slow at times, but that decision took all of a nanosecond...

So, they came out, backed up the truck, unloaded the hay, stacked the hay and were done in around 15 minutes...

Yeah, hay delivery rocks. Plus the horses were stoked because a bale broke open so the whole thing just got tossed over the fence... they were knee-deep chowing down.

Needless to say, I will be using this service liberally in the future.

Now it's that time for a Flash update. I still don't see any significant weight gain after a month (grrrr)... but he's got plenty of energy and I will start putting him back in light work soon.

Week 1

Week 4

Week 1

Week 4

Nothing to do except what I'm doing. Hopefully we'll start to see some significant improvement as we move into the next four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment