Friday, August 6, 2010

My night of terror... (and an update on Flash)

OK... Last night I got very little sleep, but it's not what you think.

No, I wasn't up obsessing over every little thing that I can't change... OK, well I wasn't obsessing much. Very little, in fact. I was chatting with Engineer quite late (it was his birthday... he's 30. Welcome to the club, my friend). So, I didn't get to bed until around midnight.

Then at 2am I got a random text message from a number I don't know asking me what TV shows I like to watch. I pretty much ignored that and went back to sleep.

Then the real fun began at 4am. I woke up to Noelle growling at my bedroom window. That window is frosted so you can only see shapes and I'm looking at what seems to be a human head looking in my back window. I totally freak!! I also have my gun out of the case in record time. I figure if I'm going down, I'm going down shooting...

So this head proceeds to move around my window... so I decide to send Noelle out to check it out because if there is a human out there she will bark at it. If it's an animal she will only whine and growl. So I send her out and slowly follow behind. She immediately runs to the back fence and starts growling... so I head back that way (gun still in hand, just in case) and I see a head-sized raccoon on the top of the fence. Damn raccoon!!

Just for scaring the living shit out of me I want to shoot the thing, but I uncock the gun and head back in to bed instead. After all, I don't want to end up in my own newspaper on the police log. But after all that adrenaline it was really hard to get back to sleep.

Today, I'm a wee bit tired... oh well.


Now on to Flash... updated pics below. To me he still doesn't look like he's putting on weight... but then again, he doesn't look like he's losing either.

Week 1

Week 3

Week 1

Week 3

I guess I'll just keep pouring the feed to him and hope he starts to look a little more fluffy soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment