Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yeah, I'm not falling for that one again...

Around the beginning of July a strange thing happened here at the coast. It got really hot in the valley and all of a sudden a wall of fog sprouted up along the coastline that extended only about a 1/4 mile inland. I looked around in amazement and asked all the locals when this wall of gray yuckiness would go away. They told me it usually lifts in August and that August and September are fabulous months here.

That was a lie. A horrible, insidious lie. It is now August 18th and the wall of doom is still here... and showing no signs of going anywhere anytime soon.

My wonderful walks on the beach used to look like this:
Notice Noelle's supersonic ears

Now they look like this:
Noelle is still supersonic... kinda

Not only that, but I used to be able to enjoy these:

But I haven't seen a proper sunset in, well, it seems like forever. This is just not right!!

Now when I ask the locals when this horrible wall of gloom will go away, they tell me that by September it will be gorgeous here again. Well, I'm not buying into that lie a second time.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment