Thursday, August 26, 2010

Is it supposed to look like that?

It is well known within my circle of friends and family that I do not do well with biting type bugs. Mosquito bites become huge welts. Spider bites are the same, only bigger and more painful. And stinging things make my joints hurt.

So, for that reason I am happy to live in the Marine layer down here by the shoreline. Because when you get a few miles away from the coast and a few hundred feet up, this happens:

Something stings me in the big toe on my right foot and my whole foot swells. Kind of tough to tell because my toes are pudgy anyway, but you get the general idea... 

So, you can imagine my hesitation when I was invited to a bonfire in the same local as the vicious attack on my big toe. But I decided to go anyway... once I was covered head-to-toe in bug spray. Just in case.

My, my. What a big fire you have...

Mower playing the guitar...

It was pretty fun. But I stayed up way too late. Oh hell, who am I kidding? Anything past 9pm these days is way too late. 

I vaguely remember the days when I thought calling it a night at 2am was wimping out. *sigh* Those were the days...

No comments:

Post a Comment