Saturday, October 2, 2010

Is it that time?

Well, it's that unfortunate day of the year when I officially turn a year older. So, I am no longer "36 and Single". I am now 38 and single. And after last weekend I remember why I am single. Ex-hub is lucky he made it through that trip without me killing him...

I started this blog a few years ago for a couple of reasons. 1. I wanted to get back at the Biologist... petty, yes. Therapeutic? Hell yes. 2. I felt by putting my "trials and tribulations" out there I might be able to help others and have them help me.

#1 was hit and miss. It was therapeutic... it did not get back at the Biologist quite like I had hoped. Meh... 1 for 2 isn't bad.

#2 I feel was more on target. I've gotten many comments over the last few years that have made me think (or rethink) about something that was going on in my life.

I know flip-flop does not always appreciate what I put out here. I've tried to make it a more family-friendly type blog and write about the good, the bad and the silly that goes on in my life. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I fail. But I always write about what goes on (for the most part) in my head. I can't put it all out here... that might get me committed to some mental institution.

Anywho... where was I?

Oh yes! My birthday. Last year was kind of a traumatic birthday. Farmer and I had just split and there was a lot going on in my pea-brain.

This year, even though I really have no plans, I am in a much better place. Typically I've been the type of person that gets upset when there are no plans on, what to me is, a big day. I think I've come to realize that it just doesn't matter that much. I mean something to these people and they show me on that on a daily basis... and that is good enough for me.

So the question then, is this... do I need to change the name of the blog? And what the heck would I call it if I did change the name?

I honestly didn't expect to enjoy writing it as much as I do. And I certainly didn't think it would go on for a year, much less a couple...

So it's time for you all to weigh in and let me know what you think. Keep the name? Change the name? If change it, then to what? Let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment