Monday, October 11, 2010

Strange...

Is the best way to describe this weekend, I think.

It started out normal enough. Lab and I got together on Friday night and enjoyed an adult beverage, some good conversation and a good view of the bay.

When I got up on Saturday morning, it was pouring rain. Yuck!! I ran up and fed Elmo and then immediately put my jammies back on and hopped into bed to catch up on some TV. Figured if the weather was going to be that crappy, I might as well stay snuggled up in bed.

At 4pm I got a phone call from my hay guy saying he was on his way to make the delivery. Say what?? He wasn't supposed to be coming until Monday at 5pm. So I got up, put on my barn clothes and headed out to meet him and stack the hay. So much for my day of leisure...

Stack faster mom... I'm hungry.
Just as I was finishing that up, Jonesie called me up and we decided to have a get-together and watch a couple of movies. Jonesie brought his pup, Buddy... a very cute, but very large pit bull.

Look at that sweet face...

Daisy didn't mind him visiting. Noelle, on the other hand, would try to bite his nose off anytime he got within a few feet of her. Buddy didn't seem to get the hint...

Why you no like me? I like you...

After a few hours, Buddy decided it was time to go home. He started pestering Jonesie, who in turn ignored him. Buddy got fed up with that and then promptly peed on my floor and then walked to the door and announced it was timetogohomerightnow.

Needless to say, we didn't finish the second movie. Oh well... 

By that time, it was pretty late so he headed home and I decided to jump on the computer really quickly to finish up a scrabble game. That's when Alaska popped up on my Skype screen calling me. I, foolishly, answered. He was drunk-skyping me... 

After a 1/2 hour of some very interesting conversation (and an almost unintentional peep show) I decided it was time to go to bed. So we signed off and just as I was about to drift off my phone rang. It was Hilt calling me on his way home from the bar... again, drunk. Not sure what kind of vibe I was putting out on Saturday night, but all my friends (who had been drinking) decided ringing me up would be a good idea...

Finally Hilt got on the bus and it was too loud to hear anything so we signed off for the night. At that point I put my phone on silent, just in case, and finally drifted off to sleep.

On Sunday when I got up at 7:30am it was still raining. Yuck!! I ran up and fed Elmo and then went back to bed since I had been up until 2:30am the following evening/very early morning.

When I woke up around 1pm, there wasn't a cloud...
well, OK... there was only 1 cloud in the sky. It was time to go out and have some fun in the sun... soak up the vitamin D, if you will.

The pups and I headed down to the beach to see the big waves being caused by the storm surge. We saw several people get hosed down by sneaker waves... which is why I always wear flip-flops.



After that, I decided to get Elmo out for a ride. The weather was too nice not to. And Elmo, always up for a buffet, was happy to go along with the plan...

Hello from the top of the hill...

When I got home from the awesome ride (Elmo stayed on his feet and only announced his presence to the world twice on the ride) I got home and heard the news that the Oakland Raiders had beaten the San Diego Chargers. What?!? Crazy!!

Not the weekend I had planned at all. But still a good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment