The last few days have been trying, to say the least...
Personal and professional issues have been swamping me. And even though I have tried my best to just let everything sort itself out I am still facing the same decision now as when I first moved here to the coast. It is a dead end. Professionally and personally.
I have been here just a few weeks shy of a year now and it's never been more clear to me that there is absolutely no way for me to get ahead... any tiny financial set-back ends up affecting me for months. But, it is a job. I was hoping I could possibly find another part-time job, but the fact that I can end up working until 10pm here at the paper makes it almost impossible. I would need something very flexible and as of yet I haven't found anything that fits that description...
So time for the pros and cons list...
1. Like I said, it is a job... and therefore a steady paycheck.
2. I love what I do and (for the most part) the people I work with.
3. I love living here at the coast.
4. I have a great set-up for Elmo and hay is cheap here.
1. The money isn't much... just covers expenses (and sometimes not). I live paycheck to paycheck with no savings and no hope of getting anything saved up.
2. The weather can be trying at times.
3. My rent is expensive for what I get.
4. The social aspect here is kind of rough.
5. There is no way to get a raise or move up in the company.
Numbers 1 and 5 on the cons list are possibly the most disturbing. I feel like I've done a decent job of treading water, but now I'm starting to sink and it feels like it's time to make a decision as to what to do.
I'll be thinking about this for the next few days... I hope I hear an answer if one is presented to me.
1 hour ago